Under the terms of the GDPR regulations you should be aware of the following:
Protection of your data by The Sporting Bears Motor Club
- Your membership application form is the basis of our record of your membership, but we may also use Royal Mail and other internet databases to check the details of the postal address which you provide.
- Your personal data will be accessible only by the data controller (the Membership Secretary) and those deemed by him/her to have a justifiable need to access the information, exclusively for the Club’s activities.
- Your personal data may also be used for statistical purposes but not in any way which could be used to identify you.
- The personal data which you provide on your membership application form will be recorded in a computerised database and used as follows:
- To establish and maintain your membership status as current, lapsed or subscription due.
- To record the details of your car(s), if you have supplied this information.
- To allow postal distribution of the Bear Factsmagazine.
- To allow postal or email distribution of other correspondence which is directly concerned with your membership and the activities of the Club.
- Your personal data will not be sold, passed, transferred or revealed to any other organisation or company outside of the Club nor will any aspect of your bank account or other financial information, be recorded other than a record of payments of club subscriptions or charity donations.
- The personal data of lapsed members will be removed from the database in a timely fashion.
Protection of your data by you
- We have an obligation to record accurate data about you; if you become aware that the data we hold are incorrect or have changed, you should notify the data controller without delay to advise what changes or corrections are necessary.
- You have a right to know what information we hold about you and to know the contact details of the data controller. The data controller is the Membership Secretary of the Club,
- If you would like to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please send your request, in writing, together with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to the address below. The club can only respond to signed written requests; telephone, email or verbal requests will be refused.
Sporting Bears Motor Club Ltd
- ‘The Club’ and ‘SBMC’ means the Sporting Bears Motor Club, including its committee members, officers and area representatives.
- ‘Personal Data’ means data which relate to a living individual who can be identified either from those data or from those data together with other information which is in the possession of (or is likely to come into the possession of) the data controller; and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller (any other person), in respect of the individual.
- ‘Data Controller’ means a person who, either alone or jointly or in common with other persons, determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.